1/06/2009

The Back Carry

Perfect for older babies and toddlers. I use this when we’re hiking, or if I’m doing something I don’t want my baby/toddler to touch.
  • Start with the rings on the top of your shoulder blade.
  • Follow the instructions for the hip carry.

  • Make sure the sling is pulled up to his shoulders.
  • Rotate him around to your back. I put my arm in front of my baby and pull the sling down across my body while doing a small bounce. You can also grab your baby’s leg with the arm that the rings are on and pull him around while you bounce.
  • This is not a good hold for an upset baby/toddler. They tend to arch their back.
  • Please make sure you’ve tightened your baby very close so that she is nice and secure.
  • Also make sure the sling comes all the way up to the back of his knees.

Tighten as seems comfortable.
  • Leave the tail hanging or you can tuck the tail or where you like.
  • No comments: